Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mom of the Month - Janae Copelin




Breastfeeding, what a wonderful gift to give to your child, but oh so frustrating and disappointing when that natural God given method doesn't work.
My first child wouldn't latch and was formula fed & has turned into a healthy beautiful little girl, but this second time I was determined to make it work.
What could be better (and let's be honest, cheaper) than breastfeeding? Problem was my precious baby boy wasn't interested in latching on either.
Thankfully I had the support of the Livingston County Breastfeeding Counselor, Rachel!!
This time around I chose to pump & while it's time consuming and a bit of work I'm so very glad I made that choice. Those early days were hard, I won't lie, I felt like that machine was sucking out my soul every 2-3 hours & it can be disheartening to pump for 20 minutes and only get an ounce or two, but I pushed through and now we are in our 9th month of pumping!!!
I've learned over the past nine months that the key for me is consistency...the more often I pump the more milk I produce.
My advice to mommas out there that are thinking of pumping, just do it!! You'll be in a group of your own & no doubt some will think you crazy (especially when you mention you've pumped in parking lots & other odd places lol) but is it really that much different than regular breastfeeding? ...I think not!!



No comments:

Post a Comment