Thursday, February 6, 2014

February Mom of the Month - Tiffany Yount Winfrey






As I come to a close on my breastfeeding relationship with my almost 19 month old, I like to look back at what made me decide to choose this path of nourishment for my daughter Madeline, difficulties we encountered, what kept me going all this time, and the highlights of this special time with her.

When I found out I was pregnant, I instantly knew I would breastfeed her. It was a no brainer to me. I've not been around any breastfeeding moms, but for some reason, it was engraved in my heart to nurse her.

My original goal was six months, but really hoping to make it to twelve. Twelve months came and went way too fast, and she just wasn't ready to stop. Honestly, that was perfectly fine by me, as I really enjoyed our time together. We were a rare fortunate breastfeeding case of having a smooth time with little problems.

When she got a bit older, I started to feel embarrassed by the fact that I am nursing a toddler because it isn't the "normal" thing to do. Those embarrassing feelings soon passed when I realized I am doing the BEST thing for her. There are still so many benefits of nursing past a year.


I give so much credit to breastfeeding for our close bond we have. She is my best bud, and I am incredibly sad to be leaving this chapter behind us

No comments:

Post a Comment