Monday, March 3, 2014

March Mom of the Month - Kenda Oster




My name is Kenda Oster. I am the mother of 4 month old Daniel. I regularly go to the breastfeeding support group once a month. I enjoy going there. It gives me an opportunity to talk to other breastfeeding mothers. It also helps answer any questions I may have. Plus it’s also nice to see all the babies and see how much they have grown each month.
One of the most important things I have learned is if an infant doesn’t latch on when you try to feed or falls asleep there is still hope. Even though I consider myself a breastfeeding mother, I am actually a pumping mom. I didn't think there was any hope until I talked to Rachel and Anita. They made me realize you can still pump and make sure your child gets the nutrition of breast milk.
Along with the ladies at group meeting, I also have my boyfriend Tim. He is a breastfeeding father. His main job is to encourage me and be there for support. He also liked the job of waking me up every two hours to make sure I pumped and fed my son right after he was born.
In the beginning there were many times that I just wanted to give up and quit. I never thought I was making enough milk for my son. That's when I learned you have to take it one day at a time and don't give up so easy.

The thing I love the most about being a pumping mother is watching my son grow up happy and healthy. It is the strongest bond any mother can make with their child. It makes me sad that one day I will be weaning my son. Right at this moment, I don't even want to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment